Drawing on 35 years of business experience and 15 years of hands-on mentoring, Patty delivers authentic and straightforward advice to audiences who want to plant seeds of motivation to youth within their own communities. Using interactive examples of real world projects, Patty guides her audiences through ways they can perfect their mentoring programs. Building on the wisdom she sets forth in her book, Teach to Work, Patty provides practical, immediately actionable ways for organizations and individuals to bridge the skills gap in America using project-based mentorship.
Patty is available to speak for 60-90 minutes, or for a half-day immersion with company mentors. Most typically, travel and accommodation costs would be incurred by the client, and a blend of a fee plus books purchased would be involved. Reach us at Info@teachtowork.com for more questions and availability.
Description of Teach to Work Speaking Engagements:
Why Do Corporations Mentor? (Keynote)
History of CSR, Understanding Corporate Mindset, Learning How to Approach Companies
What is Project Based Mentoring? (Workshop)
In a workshop format, Patty integrates the history and development of Project Based Mentorship, with hands-on exercises teaching attendees how to mentor through a project’s life cycle.
Patty’s journey from Entrepreneur to Mentor (Fireside Chat)
Learn about the author’s journey that brought her to authoring her book, and 21 years of her mentoring experience.
Nuts and Bolts of Starting a Mentoring Program (Workshop)
Interactive question-and-answer format, going into details of beginning a mentoring model and developing a partnership model between educators and companies within a community.
Mentor to Mentor (Intimate Gathering Suggested)
If you already have staff who are mentoring, invite Patty to be a Mentor in Residence, and share best practices, talk through common problems, and lead an interactive dialogue amongst participants.
Engage Patty as a Speaker
Patty has years of experience as a speaker, panelist, and expert:
- Distinguished Speaker
- Facebook, Panel Discussion for Launch of New Global Job Site
- Accenture, Skills to Succeed Leadership Speaker Series
- Co-Branded Book with Accenture’s Forward
- FCCLA National State Advisor’s Conference
- Mentor Prize Workshops
- “Women in Administration: A Journey from Entrepreneur to Mentor to Author,” Colorado Association of School Executives’ Annual Convention
- Annual Conference for National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship
- “A Corporate Classroom,” National Mentoring Summit
- “Why Corporations Mentor,” National Mentoring Summit
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
- Recipient, Donor of the Year
- Recipient, Philanthropist of the Year
- National Staff
- Keynote speaker, Adopt-A-Class Trainings and Recognition Breakfasts (nationwide)
- Keynote speaker, CRA Bank Credits & Fundraising
- Motivational speaker, National Board Chairs and Board Members Development
- Motivational speaker, Regional Retreats
- Mentor, 15 years
- Speaker and Interviewer for philanthropists and donors, Washington Area Regional Association of Grantmakers
- Speaker, Council on Foundations
- Speaker, Jewish Historical Society
- Speaker, Freddie Mac
- Radio Talk Show Host, Infinity Broadcasting
"Patty presents the business world with a compelling call to service. Unlike more general approaches to mentoring, engaging youth in project-based learning is intuitive, scalable, and broadly applicable."
DR. JEAN RHODES, Professor of Psychology, University of Massachusetts;
Boston Director for the Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring
Is “giving back” on your “to do” list—but you’d be more comfortable staying within your wheelhouse of knowledge?